This Palma de Mallorca shore trip offers a unique look at some of the courtyards located in the old town of Palma. Most of the tour is on foot as you explore beautiful public spaces and peer into unique private places. You also enjoy a stop to sample Mallorcan sweet and salty delicacies.
This is perhaps the most unusual tour, but without a doubt the most beautiful one. After meeting your guide, you drive to the old town of Palma de Mallorca. While on foot, you discover the patios or courtyards hidden throughout the old town.
There are more than 40 beautiful and unique courtyards to be found in the old town of Palma. Many are located at public institutions such as the Museum of Contemporary Spanish Art, the Palau March Museum, the High Court or San Pere i San Bernat Hospital. However, others, such as Can Oleza and Can Sureda, are private houses and their patios can only be seen through the gates, except during celebrations. They all offer rich architectural heritage that is a faithful reflection of the history of Palma.
Here are just some of the patios / courtyards visited:
- Can Berga, home to the High Court, is the largest patio in Palma and features an imperial staircase that links its three stories.
- The patio of the Oleza Palace, which is one of most beautiful buildings in Palma.
- Can Vivot, with its red-colored marble columns is a fine example of Baroque style.
- Can Pasquela presents a mixture of styles with its 20th-century staircase, neo-Gothic windows and Baroque columns.
- Can la Gran Cristina, setting for the Majorca Museum and Can Marques have Modernist influence.
- Can Llado is of medieval origin.
- Marques del Palmer has a stunning Renaissance facade. Can Catlar del Llorer and Can Alemany's patios display their Gothic origins.
Next is a stop at typical Spanish tavern or caf̩e that offers a combination of cozy traditional atmosphere and a delicious array of Mallorcan sweet and salty delicacies. Enjoy a steamy cup of chocolate or coffee as well as some of the in-house sweets: quarts, cocas de patata, or the jewel of the crown, the ensaimada.
At the end of the tour, you have some free time to enjoy the town's lovely pedestrian streets.Mobility
: NO wheelchairs
If you cannot find what you are looking for, our Palma de Mallorca shore excursions
can also be customized to fit your needs. If you have a larger group, we can offer you a private Palma de Mallorca tour
using a mid-size bus or full size coach. Please contact us
with any questions or to receive a customized quote.