This four hour Cannes shore trip is for people who want the most flexibility
with their French Riviera tour. After meeting your driver you
discuss your interests and the places you wish to see. They provide
advice along the way to maximize your time. Some people like this option so they can spend a lot of time in one location. Others like to try to see as much as possible in the time available. Usually with four hours, the maximum number of towns you can visit is three.
Travel Tip for our Clients
Please note that this "Flexible Itinerary" includes a driver who takes you to the requested stops and then you have free time. Your driver can make recommendations based on your interest. It is important to understand that with a flexible itinerary, we cannot guarantee you can see everything you desire in the amount of time you have chosen. Traffic conditions and weather ultimately affect the driving time to the places you wish to visit. If you decide you want to visit the interior of any sites, then you are expected to pay the applicable entrance fees in local currency.
Notes on the Casino - The Casino of Monte Carlo is open to
tourists for viewing from 9 AM until 12 noon. During this period the
entry fee is 10 Euro per person (cash only) and no gaming is open. Then
from 2 PM onwards the casino is open to individuals (not tour groups)
and formal dress code is enforced. During this period there is no entry
fee to access slots, craps and Black Jack tables. Further gaming rooms
require 10 Euro per person entry fee (cash only). Everyone must be 18
years or older and have their passport available.
Mobility: Folding wheelchair OK, some sites may be inaccessible (advance notice required)
If you are visiting the French Riviera from a cruise ship, you will tender from the ship to the dock in Cannes. One option is to enjoy a half day tour visiting nearby towns and then enjoy time to explore the port city of Cannes.
Most of this sites can be visited on foot if you don't mind a bit of walking.
Top Sights in CannesLa Croisette
- This famous boulevard sits along side the beach and is lined with palm trees and beautiful flower beds. The street is so famous and important that the city has over a hundred gardeners who change the 400,000 flowers four times each year. Along the boulevard are the famous palace hotels which are referred to as the Grandes Dames. These include the Carlton Hotel, Hotel Martinez, La Malmaison and the Hotel Majestic. The Beach
- The beach in Cannes is likely the most famous on the Riviera. The sands are uniformly raked every morning and the chairs and umbrellas perfectly lined. During the high season the beach is filled with near naked bodies soaking up the hot sun. As with many beaches on the Riviera, there is a mandatory fee to rent a chair on the beach. Palais des Festivals
- Just next to the old port (where you can still see the fishing fleet) is the famous Palace of Festivals. This is the location of the famous Cannes Film Festival, which is for invited guests only. The city has used it's film festival fame to boost the city as an excellent location for conventions. Other than it's famous red-carpeted staircase, the casual tourist only sees the exterior of a convention center. Shopping and the Market
- Each morning (except Mondays) the local fisherman bring in their catch and it is on sale at the local market. The Marché Forville is also the place to shop for fresh produce from local growers. Nearby on Rue Meynadier is where the local chefs shop for the best cheeses and home made pastas. For lunch consider a stop at one of the many restaurants on Rue Félix Faure. If your pocketbook allows, make a visit to Rue d'Antibes which is lined with the top designer boutiques. Allees de la Liberte
- You can watch the locals playing the Provencal game of boules everyday except on Saturdays when an antique market is held here.
If you cannot find what you are looking for, our Cannes shore excursions
can also be customized to fit your needs. If you have a larger group, we can offer you a private Cannes shore tour
using a mid-size bus or full size coach. Please contact us
with any questions or to receive a customized quote.